Samsung 980 PRO Heatsink 2 TB PCIe 4.0 (up to 7.000 MB/s) NVMe M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-V8P2T0CW) - PS5 Playstation 5 Compatible 2TB
You Save: £70.99 (20%)
Pay online or over the phone
- Smart and powerful upgrade: NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD for gaming and demanding applications.
- Heatsink helps maintain the speed and lower the temperature of you console or PC, giving you a competitive boost during intense gameplay.
- Durable and Reliabe: Thanks to the reliable thermal control and Smart thermal solutions to protect against overheating and up to 150 TBW (terabytes written).
- Storage capacity of up to 2 TB in the compact M.2 form factor (2280), suitable for high-performance PCs and ultrabooks.
- Samsung Magician software unlocks the 980 SDD’s full power and keeps your solid state drive performing at peak levels whilst keeping regularly maintained with updates.
Next-level SSD performance
Unleash the power of the PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD 980 PRO for next-level computing. The PCIe 4.0 delivers 2x the data transfer rate of PCIe 3.0 while staying backward compatible for total versatility. The added heatsink elevates speed, power efficiency, and thermal control to maximize gameplay.
With Samsung’s in-house controller for PCIe 4.0 SSD, the 980 PRO Series is optimized for speed. It delivers read speeds up to 7,000 MB/s, 2x faster than PCIe 3.0 SSDs and 12.7x faster than SATA SSDs. The 980 PRO series achieves max speeds on PCIe 4.0 and may vary in other settings.
A winning combination
Gamers, techies, and designers benefit from thermal control, high-performance bandwidth, and sustained performance for heavy-duty applications. Games load fast for more play, less wait. Smart heat management reduces distracting noise and cooling fan work for uninterrupted, fully immersive gaming.
Efficient M.2 SSD
The 980 PRO with Heatsink minimizes space limits with a thin 8.6mm body, compatible with PlayStation 5 plus desktops & laptops meeting PCI-SIG D8 specs. The 980 PRO's compact, easy to plug-in M.2 form factor maximizes board design flexibility for building efficient, high-performance systems.
Smart Thermal Control
Samsung’s nickel-coated controller reliably manages NAND chip heat levels. The 980 PRO's heat spreader label allows thermal control access. The 980 PRO Heatsink uses proven data center SSD technology to dissipate heat, for continuous high-performance gaming on most consoles and PC systems.
Unlock the full power of the 980 with Samsung Magician's intuitive yet advanced optimization tools. Monitor drive health, optimize performance, protect valuable data, and receive important updates with Magician to ensure you're always getting the best performance out of your SSD.
* The NVMe ExpressTM design mark is a registered tm of NVM ExpressTM, Inc.
* Sequential and random write performance was measured with Intelligent TurboWrite technology being activated. Intelligent TurboWrite operates only within a specific data transfer size. Performance may vary depending on SSD’s firmware, system hardware & configuration and other factors. For detailed information, please contact your local service center
* Test system configuration: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor CPU @ 3.79GHz, DDR4 2666MHz 16GBx2, OS-Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Chipset-ASUS-X570-ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA
* Results are based on a comparison with Samsung PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSDs and SATA SSDs.
* To maximize the performance of the 980 PRO, please check whether your system supports PCIe 4.0 at the Intel or AMD website.
* PCI-SIG D8 standard spec: 8.8mm